adsense links

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tropico 2 Pirate Cove

Released in 2003 for the PC/Mac. It is rather simplistic compared to other tropico games but is also unique and faster paced.


In this game you are a pirate captain with your own island and it is up to you to hire more pirates to your cause including other captains. You will need to capture people to run your industry including many skilled laborers that will only work certain jobs. This industry is used to feed your pirates, equip them with weapons, build ships and outfit them with cannon and keep your pirates happy. The happiness is maintained by buildings such as bars, restaurants, brothels, gambling and living quarters. To keep your captives in line you will need to balance out order and fear but pirates don't like order so there is a lot of balancing involved.
There is an economic element as well where you need to pay your pirates so they can buy booze and women and such. To this end you will be making your money by sending our your ship to plunder other ships or small settlements. There is an element of risk involved as you could have your ship sunk by a pirate hunting vessel or lose men on a settlement raid.Over time your pirates will level up but I can't remember what effect this has.
Anyway this pretty much sums up the basics of the game. It's included in the Tropico reloaded pack on Steam and GOG for a rather low sum. Could be worth checking out I rate it 7/10

9 comments:

  1. This game looks fun! I love these kinds

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've played this once before, always wanted to know what game it was!

    Thanks, gonna get it in the next few days

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've played it before, rating seems about right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember playing Tropico 3 alot in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i remember this one, even tho i love this genre i didnt like it that much, i cant put my finger on the reason tho

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to play these games, I think I'll download it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All about the original! I got overthrown pretty quick but it was fun while it lasted. Thanks for the nostalgic smile.

    ReplyDelete